FAQ – Online train ticket booking
- Online Booking
- Web checkin
- Passenger tickets
Reservation and Ticketing:
- Which train tickets are available for booking on Orient Express website
Online booking is available on website operated by Orient Express Train Ha noi to Lao Cai and return ( for Sapa tour ) and some codeshare train with our partner.
- How long before departure can I book and purchase tickets on Orient Express website?
You can book and purchase tickets at least 24 hours prior to departure with Immediate forms of payment .
- Can I purchase tickets for infant(s) under 2 year olds on Orient Express website?
Yes, you can purchase tickets for infants without seat on Orient Express website.
- How many passengers can I book on Orient Express website per transaction?
You can book a maximum of 8 passengers (not including infant under 2 years olds) in one transaction.
- Which payment methods are available on Orient Express website?
We offer the following forms of payment:
- International Payment Cards
- Orient Express does not accept Virtual or single-use cards and reserve right not to provide service if they are used to purchase tickets on Orient Express website.
- The cardholder is not required to be in the travelling party.
- Orient Express headquarter is located in Vietnam, Orient Express shall not be responsible for any fees may be levied by the issuing bank while purchasing tickets on Orient Express website. Please check with your issuing bank for details of the fees if any.
- Vietnam Local Payment
- Pay now with Vietnam Domestic Cards issued by the following banks
- Vietcombank – VCB
- Techcombank – TCB
- Vietnam International Bank – VIB
- Eximbank of Vietnam – EIB
- DongA Bank – DAB
- Asia Commercial Bank – ACB
- Military Bank – MB
- Maritime Bank – MSB
- Sai Gon Commercial Bank – STB
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam – BIDV
- An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank – ABBank
- Vietnam Prosperity Joint-Stock Commercial Bank – VPBank
- Pay later within 12 hours of booking and at least 48 hours before departure ( if have 50% deposit)
- Pay at ATM machine by ATM cards issued by Vietconbank (VCB), Teckcombank (TCB), Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV)
- Pay by I Banking service of Teckcombank (TCB), Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), Vietcombank (VCB), TienPhong Bank (TPB), Vietinbank.
- Pay by cash at branches of Vietcombank (VCB), Techcombank (TCB).
- The cardholder is not required to be in the travelling party and not required to verify payment card
- Reservation and fare are not gurranteed until successful payment
- How can I collect my ticket purchased online?
After successful payment, Orient Express will send you the itinerary and voucher to your registered email. Please keep your Voucher for reconfirm your itinerary at Orient Express’s Office in Hanoi station and Lao Cai station.
If you do not receive confirmation email of itinerary and eTickets from Orient Express within 30 minutes after successful payment please contact Orient Express helpdesk for tickets purchased on the website via telephone number 84 – 983521116 , email email@example.com
- How do I rebook/reroute my tickets purchased on Orient Express website?
For ticket changes, please contact Orient Express branch offices for support. Follow applicable fare rules for changes.
- How do I refund my tickets purchased on Orient Express website?
For refunding your tickets purchased on Orient Express website http://orienttrainticket.com, please email to ……..@ orienttrainticket.com from your registered email address or contact Orient Express branche offices.
Depending on the fare rules, the refund may be permitted with fee or not permitted. The refund will be credited to the payment card or payment account that was used to purchase the tickets.
- After purchasing on Orient Express website, how can I get a receipt?
According to document No 64/2013/TT-BTC dated 28/09/2010 of Financial Ministry of Vietnam, Orient Express eTicket is a legal receipt. Boarding pass(es) should be used as the supporting document to prove the services taken.